We’ve reached the mid-way point in 2019. A half year behind us, a half year to go. Have you thought about what the remaining months can be?
Earl Nightingale noted that if you will spend one hour a day on the same subject for five years, you can become expert on that subject.
True, no doubt. But for now, forget about five years and an hour a day.
Think instead about the next six months, thirty minutes a day. Think about the potential that exists.
What headway could you make in one area of your life? Maybe attaining expert status is not realistic, but serious progress is.
• You could become conversationally proficient in a second language.
• You could learn to play the guitar; in six months you can reach the level of “decent.”
• You could walk 300+ miles.
• You could get in great physical shape.
• You could do a masters-level study of your favorite subject, such as church history.
• You could dig in-depth into one of the gospels or one of Paul’s letters, until you own it.
As one called to preach the good news, can you imagine how 30 minutes a day of focused effort could make a difference in your ability to communicate? What if, every day for the next 180 days, you devoted a half-hour to working on your craft? Can you imagine how the difference would be played out in the results you see?
The next 180 days will come and go, along with this 90 hour block of time. How will you invest it?
Some will watch 90 more hours of cat videos on youtube. Some will catch an additional 90 hours of zzzzs. Some will do whatever they feel like doing at the moment.
And you? If you’re willing to take the road less traveled, you can use these moments each day to move forward in the calling God has placed on your life.
“The hands of the diligent will rule.” (Proverbs 12:24)